Assist DVRPC’s Office of Communications and Engagement. The Office is engaged in a wide variety of activities across the Commission, broadly grouped into four overlapping categories: Communications, Engagement, Equity, and Special Initiatives. The intern will assist in developing and editing communications materials, implementing public relations tactics, and providing outreach to organizations in the Philadelphia region. Close supervision is provided by the Communications Manager.
• Assist with several key projects including the monthly e-newsletter, DVRPC website, special events, and project-specific efforts including public outreach for the 2050 Long-Range Plan.
• Assist the Communications Specialist with archiving and organization of publications in the DVRPC Resource Center.
• Assist with various public relations functions including media databases, news clippings, and photo research.
• Research organizations and community groups in the region to target for future outreach, and update current database.
• Help draft content and maintain DVRPC’s social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Perform related work as required.
• Knowledge of and experience with communications, public relations, and public outreach principles.
• Knowledge of community and economic development, transportation and environmental planning, and equity issues.
• Excellent writing and communications skills, including speaking on the telephone with partner organizations and vendors, and writing for social media outlets.
• Ability to prioritize work and multi-task.
• Excellent writing skills and initiative are essential.
• Proficiency in Google Suite is required.
• Basic knowledge of Philadelphia regional issues and geography.
This position requires a commitment of up to 15 hours per week.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Students with Work-Study funding are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education and Training
Must have completed at least THREE YEARS of a college/university program or be enrolled in a master's, or an equivalent combination of experience and training, plus substantial experience, interest, or involvement in planning.
Forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org