Summary: Visit Bucks County (VBC) is the official tourism promotion agency for Bucks County, PA. The tourism office promotes all there is to see and do in Bucks County to potential visitors and residents. In addition to consumer travel, VBC targets sports tournaments, motorcoach groups, meetings, special events and weddings. The Industry Relations intern will contribute to all areas within the Industry Relations Department of the tourism office including events, managing partner data, community relations, research and sales.
• Supports the planning and execution of various VBC consumer and industry event programming, including networking, seminars and Visitor Center events.
• Assists with prepping marketing materials for all VBC committee meetings and industry tradeshows/conferences.
• Promotes events and programs though telemarketing.
• Compiles research and survey results to assist with the future development of Industry Relations events and partners.
• Works with the Industry Relations department to maintain information in Visit Bucks County’s customer relationship database and lead management system via email and phone outreach.
• Assists business-to-business initiatives for Bucks County’s meetings, weddings/celebrations, group tour, and sports markets.
• Supports the Industry Relations department by attending and representing VBC at leisure events and festivals.
• Research industry trends and best practices to propose ideas to VBC for possible implementation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Undergraduate or Graduate students pursuing roles in the Tourism & Hospitality, Events, Communications, or Marketing fields are preferred.
• Excellent communication and people skills.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize, collaborate and handle multiple projects in fast-paced environment.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently on assigned tasks and meet deadlines.
• Previous event planning experience a plus.
• A sense of humor.