Sabre is hiring for a Cyber Security Intern is responsible for assisting Sabre Systems, Inc. at implementing and maintaining the Sabre People, Process and Protection (SPPP) IT cyber-security program for commercial and private customers.
Duties are to:
• Review and update Sabre Systems, Inc. documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Provide assistance in conducting cyber assessments of commercial and/or private IT networks. This will be done under Sabre People, Process and Protection (PPP) protocols to assess vulnerabilities, survivability and resilience of any company IT and identification of risk and risk mitigations.
• Assistance with the deployment and maintenance of Sabre solutions for cyber risks and vulnerabilities.
• Provide first level compliance monitoring and investigations.
• Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering.
• Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required.
• Assist with applications/tools including but not limited to SIEM, IPS, IDS, Netflow, e-mail gateway protection, and DLP tools.
• Perform compliance audits against institutionally accepted security controls.
• Record and track IT security incidents, including but not limited to copyright violations, compromised accounts, e-mail threats, and abuse reports from various sources.
• Must be a full-time undergraduate/graduate student in good academic standing in their major in any of the following undergrad or grad majors: Cyber security, Computer Science, Computing and Security Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, MIS, and/or Computer Engineering
• Must be available ~20 (flexible) hours each week
• Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance
• Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all institutional policies
• Strong writing skills
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, web design (HTML or WYSIWYG editor) a plus
• Metasploit, Wireshark, and/or nmap experience a plus
• Preference given to students with PenTest experience or CEH Certification
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!