Does finding solutions to complex problems excite you? Are you looking to be part of a developer-centric environment?
Chain.io solves technological problems in the supply chain with a focus on system integration. We have a fully-managed cloud-based platform that integrates different tools and connects loose pieces to formulate software compatibility solutions. Each of our projects brings unique challenges that help us develop our platform further, so you can look forward to out-of-the-box problem solving and opportunities to be exposed to many different industries. Working collaboratively with our team, you will design and implement solutions using an open API, developer friendly tools, and an expertly developed data model.
Our core principles are nice, accessible and professional. They are the foundation of everything we do (and we really mean everything). You can read more about this and about how we’re trying to make the interview process more human in our prospective teammate site.
We welcome and encourage a diverse candidate pool to apply!
* Work collaboratively with our small development team
* Work on our Client Delivery team, building "adaptors" and solutions to transform client data and plugin client systems with the rest of our platform
* Meet complex business requirements by assembling together existing solutions with small functions
* Develop efficient and reusable code, primarily on the back end
* Potential client communications and implementation work
* Work within a serverless platform consisting of many microservices and cloud services
Qualifications and Requirements
* Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with 1 or more of the following technologies a plus, but not required: AWS Lambda, Node.js, Jest, CircleCI, Aurora RDS, ElasticSearch, React, Terraform
* Prior Business Analyst or EDI experience a plus, but not required
* Prior experience with microservices and architecting systems in the cloud a plus
* Ability to break down complex problems into a variety of simple and generic problems
* Comfortable with potential client interaction
* Ability to work collaboratively and productively with others
Compensation and Benefits
* Salary is competitive and based on prior skills and experience (typical range for our mid level developers is $80-100K)
* Flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely often
* Subsidized Health and Dental insurance
* PTO; required to use at least 10 days per year with a soft ceiling of 20 days (very flexible if you need to go over)
* Opportunity to be covered for occasional conferences / professional development
* We have a full time technical writer and very robust testing in place - so you can primarily focus on what you do best
* We follow continuous integration and delivery - deploy code to production daily
* Opportunity to grow into roles that interest or fit you best
* Opportunity to gain exposure to very interesting supply chain processes (ever wondered how people ship entire art galleries?)