Summary: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an educational co-op opportunity in our IT department. This position will concentrate on audiovisual setups for The Philadelphia Orchestra and The Kimmel Center. Any and all other AV/IT duties would also apply to this position.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
AV meeting setups
• Assist with setting up audiovisual and telecommunication aspects of board and staff meetings at the Orchestra and Kimmel Center.
• Monitor and run AV presentations.
• Troubleshoot AV/IT issues if they arise.
• Maintain AV equipment including projectors, speakers, and VoIP conference phones.
• Assist with troubleshooting AV systems across the campus including conference rooms and digital signage.
• Completion of two or more years of an AV and/or IT related major
• Excellent communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused.
• Ability to manage a multitude of tasks.
• Ability to work with confidential information.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with audiovisual and telecom equipment, primarily projectors, Smart TVs, and VoIP conference phones.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
• 20Hours per week; flexible depending on school schedule / meeting schedule.
• Must be able to lift AV/IT equipment as required.
• Certain meetings require business attire.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107