The City is looking for an HR Intern to perform various administrative tasks and support for our HR unit in performing daily activities. The future Intern should be interested in learning more about the various aspects of Human Resources. The intern will assist in a variety of tasks including researching, data gathering, organizing and coordinating activities related to training, recruitment, policy development, employee benefits, payroll, and other projects.
• Screen resumes and application forms
• Prepare HR-related reports as needed
• Participate in organizing company events and careers days
• Sort incoming resumes and logs them into appropriate tracking spreadsheets
• Prepare Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
• Work proactively with other team members
• Prioritize activities in the best interest of the team when working on joint projects
• Handle candidate requests and deliver quality solutions if able, or escalate the request to a more senior team member
• Develop recruiting surveys
• Complete written projects and research topics to improve the organization
• Research training opportunities for current employees
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
• Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment
Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program.