Academy of Vocal Arts (AVA) is an internationally renowned institution that trains young artists as opera soloists. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional eager to begin or further a career in the non-profit arts world to join our Development/Marketing team.
The ideal candidate will be personable and polished with strong speaking and writing skills; a self-starter who is able to work independently, but also contribute as a member of a team. The ability to respond with a positive attitude (and a sense of humor) to the challenges of a small office environment and to multiple priorities and deadlines is crucial. Also important is a demonstrated attention to detail and ability to show discretion and sensitivity in handling confidential donor and prospect data. The ability to work occasional nights and weekends to assist with special events and opera performances is preferred.
This position is responsible for processing all contributions and producing acknowledgement letters. Other essential duties include attending and taking minutes for full Board of Directors meetings and committee meetings and coordinating with key volunteers in managing invitation lists for special events and receiving and tracking responses. The Development/Marketing Associate assists with the design and production of Annual Fund printed materials and mailings, as well as email appeals. Another important aspect of the position involves working with the Marketing Department to ensure coordination in releasing development and marketing/PR materials to the public.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with non-profit fundraising in an arts or higher education environment a positive.
- Some graphic design and social media experience helpful.
- Experience with Tessitura or other relationship management database system highly desirable.
- Interest in opera or classical music a plus.
- The ability to work occasional nights and weekends for opera performances and special events.