The Rock School for Dance Education has a small team of dedicated individuals who work together to produce high-level dance training and performances. We are seeking a resourceful, self-motivated individual with strong organization, communication and people skills and a passion for the arts. We value all of our interns at The Rock School and will take extra care to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Interns should come with maturity, discretion and flexibility and be ready and eager to learn new skills. This role provides meaningful hands-on experience, offering the opportunity to work in a number of areas of a non-profit organization.
Established in 1963, The Rock School is one of the nation’s premier institutions focusing on excellence in dance training while nurturing children and young people. Rock School students learn patience, attention to detail, discipline, teamwork and self-motivation. The School’s exceptional faculty, unique in-house Academic program, supervised Residence program, encouraging environment, and successful alumni attract dancers from around the globe. The Rock School’s community outreach program, RockReach, is led by a team of artists and offers innovative techniques to support integrated arts educational programs in Philadelphia-area public schools. RockReach brings dance performances, interactive arts activities, physical education, and training opportunities to nearly 26,000 inner-city youth each year. The program is designed to have a long-lasting impact on its participants by strengthening academic skills, developing social skills, broadening interests and keeping students constructively and actively engaged in the arts.
• Help create digital communication and marketing tools for various Rock School programs and performances, including graphic design and taking and editing video
• Assist with online marketing via social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
• Non-digital communication assistance with patrons, parents and/or students in regards to registration, development efforts, and ticket sales; including: phone calls, email, letters, etc.
• Provide administrative support as needed- such as filing, scanning, etc.
• Minimum 2-3 years of college in related BA/BS studies with 3.0 GPA or higher
• Good written and verbal communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service-oriented
• Ability to work under deadlines and with highly confidential information
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, InDesign and/or Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Creative Suite) and Internet research
• Experience in information technology troubleshooting and non-profit programming
• Commit to approximately 24 hours per week with availability for some evening and weekends for events as needed
• Photography and videography skills are a plus