The City of Philadelphia Office of Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy (OACCE) is seeking an intern to support the Public Art Program. This is an opportunity for hands-on experience working on various projects and an introduction to the operations of the country’s oldest and largest public art collection. The Public Art Intern will provide support in the coordination of new public art commissions, maintenance and conservation of the existing collection, and work on other day-to-day activities, as needed.
Position: Stipend available
Hours: 15-20 hours per week time but days and hours are negotiable.
Dates: October through December with the possibility of extending through the school year.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Art Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. To learn more about OACCE, visit http://creativephl.org.
• Experience in an office setting
• Experience with event planning
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop is not required but preferred
• Completion of a minimum of 2 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree
Ideal intern should have the following qualities:
• Pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented, and organized
• Able to meet deadlines
• Enthusiasm and initiative to take on new projects
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Strong inter-personal, email, and phone skills
• Capacity to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Interest in and/or knowledge of public art, visual arts, performing arts, and the cultural field as it pertains to civic engagement