Clean Water Action is hiring paid interns to organize local grassroots campaigns protecting the health, economy, environment, and livelihood of Pennsylvania communities. Ideal candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics and the empowerment of our fellow Pennsylvania residents.
Our staff consists of committed, professional highly skilled activists. Interns receive extensive training and continuing support on campaign skills and local political initiatives. All staff members receive regular updates given by political or environmental authorities or from within our organization.
Our grassroots political interns speak to Pennsylvanian citizens about Pennsylvania issues, informing and educating the public, building support and channeling that support into action. Join us to challenge big polluters, win vital elections, and make democracy work again.
OUR PAST GRASSROOTS CAMPAIGNS:
Blocked new fracking in PA state parks and forests
Pressured PA DEP to deny a permit for a local toxic waste incinerator
Kicked BPA out of children's toys, sippy cups, and baby bottles
Banned fracking waste from sewage and water treatment plants
JOIN CURRENT ACTIVISTS IN FIGHTING TO:
Battle the executive order repealing protections on drinking water sources
Stop the SEPTA fracking power plant in North Philly
Fight for a lead-safe and lead-free Philadelphia
Endorse the best candidates for the environment in elections
• Continuous grassroots management training program Opportunities for travel and relocation throughout the U.S.!
• Leadership rewarded with rapid advancement and considered future employment
• Paid training
• Possibly earn college credit
* As an equal opportunity employer, Clean Water Action is dedicated to non-discrimination in every aspect of employment. No person is to be discriminated against in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other ground prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. This equal opportunity policy applies to veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. This policy covers all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotions, terminations, pay, and the work environment.
• Commitment to environmental & social justice
• Strong communication skills, especially face-to-face interactions
• Team-oriented attitude
• Ability to work AT LEAST two days a week 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm
• Authorized to work in the United States