The candidate selected for this opportunity will be exposed to a plenum of real world engineering activities. As part of BENDER’s internship, we believe a student should gain experience in every aspect of a typical engineer’s workday. This helps familiarize students with the various engineering opportunities available in the workplace. We strategically target specific activities for the intern to participate in that are integrated with the overall tasks, but also complement their knowledge gained from the classroom with practical real life experiences of typical of an engineer. In BENDER’s effort to fulfill its belief, the candidate can expect to be exposed to some of the opportunities listed below:
• Observe meetings & briefings
• Write meaningful activity reports & action items
• Give & receive constructive criticism on tasks and products.
• Participate in working group and/or technical exchange meetings
• Attend a local technical conference and/or exhibit
• Join & observe interactions with contract manufactures
• Join mentor for site visits at related local manufacturing Suppliers
• Prepare & present a substantive technical briefing
We feel strongly that the intern needs to observe our best technical staff engaged in performing their work so the intern can gain appreciation for how interesting & diverse engineering jobs can be. Additionally, we move the intern around throughout different functional departments to observe and support the various aspects of specific projects, particularly interacting with customers, suppliers, manufacturing, and the marketing team. This method helps the intern understand that technical competency is not all that matters in the working world, and that dynamics of personalities and people management can be just as important.
Interns find that BENDER’s Engineering internships offer the students unique opportunities to experience the complete cycle of the product design from conception to deployment. BENDER interns often provide feedback that this type of experience is most rewarding.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce electrical schematic wiring and overview drawings in Solidworks.
• Create and/or update Solidworks metal work drawings for fabrication
• Create 3-D renders for Marketing and new Product Development activities
• Gather & research information relating to project designs
• Collaborate with design and engineering teams to verify design execution when required
Requirements and Skills
• Currently enrolled or recent graduate in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering
• Solidworks 3D modeling capabilities
• Ability to effectively communicate (written & spoken) in the English language