The Administrative Assistant handles the day-to-day office administrative needs for each department to ensure the executive offices of these functions provide seamless support to the organization, the community, and to the Board.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prepares correspondence, schedules meetings, handles phone calls, processes mail, makes travel arrangements, organizes and manages the office and filing system, files expense reports, manages contact databases, and purchases office supplies and equipment.
• Duties include scheduling, communicating with committee members, preparing and distributing meeting materials, arranging for and preparing meeting space and recording minutes.
• Is professional and polished and interacts effectively with individuals from all levels of the organization and community including with the Board of Trustees, VIPs guests, and staff members. Understands and anticipates others’ needs and requests and responds appropriately.
• Creates, edits, and updates reports and proposals, narrative documents, presentations, financial worksheets, schedules and databases.
• Transcribes records of conversation as assigned.
• Effectively manages highly dynamic calendars to ensure the executives have adequate time to meet the various demands for their time.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database entry, and creation of presentation graphics.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated track record of working with highly-sensitive and highly confidential information and keeping trust.
• Experience with Board and donor management preferred.
• Proven ability to work independently
• Ability to handle phone and in-person conversations of a sensitive nature using tact and diplomacy.
• Strong customer service orientation with internal (The Franklin Institute) and external constituencies
• Careful attention to detail and excellent organizational skills are required.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to take initiative, demonstrate strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, and problem-solve while working with diverse work styles.