FEMA Disaster Response. Every year disasters put millions of Americans in danger and costs billions of dollars in property damage. But every year, all year, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is on the job —as part of a team helping communities reduce risk, helping emergency officials prepare for all hazards, and helping people get back on their feet after their lives are disrupted by a disaster. FEMA is the federal coordinator for the operational and logistical disaster response needed to save and sustain lives, minimize suffering, and protect property in a timely and effective manner in communities that become overwhelmed by disasters.
An excellent option for those interested in business, computer science/IT, construction, carpentry, building trades, animal care, education, environmental management, emergency services, forestry, disaster response, public administration, social sciences, law enforcement, homeland security, public health, public relations, writing/journalism, counseling, human services, recreation, non-profit services, or careers with local, state or federal government and organizations. Gain college credits for training. No Diploma, GED or college degree required.
For information please go to our virtual event site at https://ncccfema.videoshowcase.net/
Federal Program Benefits
• No experience or education level required; No diploma or degree required
• Gain experience while exploring career options
• Gain a competitive edge over other job applicants in private or government sectors
• Gain leadership and management experience
• Gain college credits for continuing education and workforce development (earn 6-9 credit hours)
• Gain new contacts by networking with government and community agency directors
• Gain new skills in your career field and expand your capabilities
• Gain advantages for college, trade school or apprenticeships
• Team Leader option for those with advanced skills and education
• Begin application process at age 17
• Program can be repeated
• Travel, lodging, healthcare- plus childcare allowance if applicable
• Earn bi-weekly pay plus $6,095 to pay off educational debt or pay for future educational and job training expenses
No diploma or degree required. No experience required. Training provided.