Campus Philly seeks a full-time engagement director to develop, oversee and execute the organization’s student-facing marketing and communications and to support corporate communications as well. The Engagement Director is responsible for developing marketing and communications campaigns that build Campus Philly’s engagement with our audience of college students and to track these campaigns in order to determine how to iterate, pivot and maximize their impact. This is a new position within Campus Philly’s Student Engagement Team which is comprised of a VP of Student Engagement, to whom this position reports, and three program managers who focus on arts, student leadership and launching careers in Philadelphia.
The Engagement Director responsibilities include:
• Collaborating to develop Campus Philly’s student-facing brand and voice, working with Campus Philly’s leadership team and creative director.
• Developing marketing strategies and tactics to drive impact for Campus Philly’s programs and the goals the organization has set for those programs (student engagement; event attendance; membership growth, etc).
• Overseeing implementation of these strategies and tactics by student engagement team program managers.
• Guiding the week-to-week activities of the three-person student engagement team.
• Maintaining Campus Philly’s student-facing social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and determining and executing a paid media strategy for these platforms.
• Delivering a bi-weekly student e-newsletter that is engaging, informative, and leads to student action.
• Understanding and keeping up to date with the latest marketing and communications trends and tactics, especially for the college student demographic, and sharing that information with the larger Campus Philly team.
• Continuous monitoring of marketing and communications impact and outcomes through Google Analytics; reports from Campus Philly’s Salesforce CRM; social media analytics and student surveys.
• Supporting Campus Philly’s partnership team in their communications, including limited support of Campus Philly’s LinkedIn accounts; stakeholder-facing e-newsletter; and, media relations and outreach.
• Five to seven years in a marketing function with demonstrable results
• Expertise with social media
• Demonstrated ability as an engaging and creative communicator
• Demonstrated understanding/insight into the college student audience
• Results driven: comfortable being held to a high standard and taking personal responsibility for achieving defined goals
• Collaborative: eager to work within a team, capable of managing up and down
• Motivated by and devoted to mission-driven work that has college students and Philadelphia at the center
• Personal and professional integrity, honesty and openness
• Campus Philly values having team members who bring personal and diverse passions, engagements, and interests.
Campus Philly is an equal opportunity employer.