WHAT IS SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives
university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We
believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams,
providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on
impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
THREE REASONS TO APPLY FOR SAP iXp:
1. NO MORE FETCHING COFFEE: Work on in-depth projects, emerging
products, and technologies that drive business results.
2. LIFELONG LEARNING: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend
learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
3. GAIN VISIBILITY: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global
network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development
opportunities at your fingertips.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
POSITION TITLE: SDE Intern
LOCATION: Bellevue, WA
EXPECTED START DATE TO END DATE: June 2018 - August 2018 (10 week
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL:
- Work with us on Concur Open, helping to design the next set of
features/processes that will allow Concur to effectively communicate
incident status, resolution, etc to both internal and external
- Develop a framework to expose desired performance and system load
KPIs to be fed into a monitoring dashboard such as New Relic. This
would be used for benchmarking and capacity planning of various
micro services actively used by Concur products. The tool will
provide a framework for retrieving various metrics and used in
certification of micro services.
- Turn requirements into product: Work with Product Owners to
understand customer needs and turn them into product.
- Contribute to an industry leading analytics platform: As part of the
team you will be involved in the development of a real-time,
scalable, and high performing spend analytics platform.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our team is dedicated to solving problems and impacting our million
end-users. We work collaboratively with one another and have built
trusted cross-functional relationships with teams across Concur and SAP.
WHO YOU ARE:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to
stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized
by lifelong learning.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a
- Experience developing with object-oriented programming languages
including but not limited to Python, Java, and C#
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and SQL
- Familiar with deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge
- Some experience with building production applications helpful
- Classes or projects related to Data Science and Analytics is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple disciplines
- Desire to learn
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- A summer packed full of events to ensure Interns understand Concur:
our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our
- Relocation and housing assistance (on a case by case basis)
- Commuter benefits (Bellevue only)
- Paid holiday time
- Well-stocked offices with snacks, sodas and candy