Philadelphia Film Society creates opportunities for diverse communities to experience film through initiatives that inspire, educate, challenge and entertain. The Philadelphia Film Festival, produced by the Philadelphia Film Society, is an 11-day celebration of independent and international film with screenings, special guests, and events.
The Programming Intern would assist the Programming Associate with a variety of programming projects, including PFS’s monthly Philly Film Showcase, a screening of films from local filmmakers.
Reports to: Programming Associate
• Organize and manage database of Philly Film Showcase submissions
• Screen and evaluate submissions based on Programmer rubric
• Assist in collecting materials needed for each Philly Film Showcase event
• Research programming possibilities from for various PFS initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
Compensation: Unpaid, College Credit
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Internship Term: January-May 2018
• 2 days/week in office + some evenings
• Hours in Office: 11am-5pm
• Must be a junior or senior in college, studying film and/or media arts
• Programming experience a plus
• Must be comfortable working independently
• Extraordinary communication skills
• Knowledge of Film Freeway and Withoutabox a plus
• Fluent in Google Docs