Campus Philly is a nonprofit organization that fuels economic growth by encouraging college students to study, explore, live and work in the Greater Philadelphia tri-state region. The Partnerships Department within Campus Philly is responsible for new business development and earned revenue strategies, which includes lead and relationship management of Corporate Members (regional employers), and marketing partners (advertisers). In addition, maintaining our user database of ~50,000+ contacts is an integral part of the work we do.
We are currently seeking an energized and motivated student interested in supporting our work by carrying out the organization’s data analysis needs. These needs include gaining insight from Campus Philly’s Salesforce database, as well as Google analytics for our websites.
The Marketing Data Analyst intern works with both our Partnerships and Student Engagement teams and reports to the Communications Manager.
• Run email statistic reports on TargetX emails to analyze open rates, bounced records, interactions, clicks, etc.
• Help maintain a clean database by updating contact pages in Salesforce with correct contact information and deduping– address, email, phone, industry, etc.
• Create a tracking system where staff can go to update marketing stats – clicks, open rates, etc.
• Communicate data and learnings through compelling reports for both teams and additional staff as requested.
• Corporate Member and Career Site: Compare career site users vs. corporate member hires using Salesforce and Excel.
• Analysis of our Salesforce database using “scoring,” providing insight into students & stakeholders who open emails, attend events, interact with communications. Scoring allows us to see “super-users” among both our student audience and college and corporate partners. We don’t do this scoring at all now and would like to.
• Leverage Google analytics to track the success of our communications, including popular blog posts, sources of traffic to campusphilly.org, and how social media and Campus Philly e-newsletters do/don’t drive traffic to campusphilly.org.
• Present analytics’ findings to the Campus Philly staff at one of our weekly “lunch and learns” so that the knowledge being gathered can be incorporated into our team’s work.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Familairity with Salesforce, TargetX or similar CRM program
• Experience with running reports and manipulation, normalization, summarization, and analysis of large datasets
• A persistent curiosity and excellent problem solving skills; you seek to uncover the hidden complexities within seemingly simple data trends to help inform organizational decisions;
• Positive attitude and energy (with a sense of humor!)
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Availability to work at least 10 hours per week