Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), the leader in public health management is looking to provide the right student an internship opportunity in its human resources department. The intern will gain exposure and experience in a fast paced, integrated and highly visible department.
THE HUMAN RESOURCES INTERN WILL LEARN:
• How to organize and develop schedules and meetings
• The importance of a thorough filing system and the importance of maintaining files
• How laws and regulations play an important role in the daily functions of HR
• How to establish metrics and outcomes.
• The importance of active communication and interpersonal relationships
• How to conduct searches and understand different benefits and compensation plans
• To create processes that are aligned with federal and state employment laws to help organizational operations with task such as filing, data entry and other critical needs
• How to effectively navigate an HRIS system while maintaining paper files
• The recruiting process from job posting to observing interviews
• The relationship between HR and Finance in terms of payroll, onboarding, terminations, etc.
• How to effectively prepare for onboarding new employees
• How to multitask material effective by prioritizing.
• Detail oriented students looking to learn how to apply HR strategies within a business.
• In order to be considered all of the below materials must be submitted attention Joe Janssen to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter discussing career goals,
• Computer and language skills and any job and volunteer experience
• A writing sample limited to 450 words
• A letter of recommendation from an individual who can speak to your relevant experience, background, skills and/or work ethic
• College juniors, seniors, or graduate students with a human resources management emphasis.