** About Bikeout **
Bikeout is an adventure company that empowers people to have bike travel experiences.
We develop overnight events, retreats, and destination experiences that explore the possibilities of bike travel. Specifically, we are focused on bringing bike travel to a mainstream audience by introducing newcomers and engaging the existing touring community. We aim to empower a wider community of riders to explore their world and adventure by bike.
Since 2016, Bikeout has hosted 1,000 attendees at its Overnight events, and more than 80% of attendees say they’re more likely to explore bike travel as a result of having been a part of the experience. In 2020, Bikeout plans to launch in more cities and develop new trip offerings to fulfill its mission.
** The Internship **
We are excited to bring on a creative and results-driven intern to support our events and product development. As we expand our offerings in 2020 this is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to make a meaningful impact at a growing travel and tourism organization.
This internship will be based out of Philadelphia, PA, specifically the 1810 Accelerator at Temple University, for 8-10 hours a week. The events intern will report directly to the Head of Experiences with opportunities to collaborate directly with our Creative team and marketing efforts. The role is unpaid but we are happy to fulfill necessary requirements for a credit bearing experience.
** Responsibilities **
- Work directly with the Head of Experiences on the successful launch of new Overnight events, and longer Bikeout tours in 2020
- Assist in tracking event timelines and checklists while keeping shared platforms up to date
- Conduct research on event partners including venues, vendors, community groups, advocacy organizations, and more in our new markets
- Consistently update our database of vendors, partners, and key contacts for each event
- Assist in the organization of event invoices, vendor & partner agreements, and permits
- Support our Event Group Lead and Volunteer strategy by completing tasks related to recruitment, scheduling interviews, and managing our volunteer and group lead databases
- Assist in the development of event narratives, timelines, and checklists for the week of events and tours
- Research, present, & execute a personal project over the course of your internship that will support the Events mission and goals
Preferred candidates are current college students or recent graduates with experience and interest in event planning, hospitality, or tourism. Applicants must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with a strong work ethic, a desire to succeed, and a passion for events and travel management.
Candidates should likely possess the following qualifications:
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to travel to and from the 1810 Accelerator on campus to work with our team
- Great communication skills and an eye for detail
- Previous event experience a plus
- Ability to multi-task, follow instructions, and work independently
- Proficient in GSuite
- Be excited by our mission and the impact we are making in the cycling and tourism industry
To apply: email your resume and a brief personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org