The Philadelphia Freedoms are seeking high achieving interns looking to gain professional experience in social media stewardship. Ideal candidates will have some previous professional and/or academic experience with **PROFESSIONAL USE** of social media platforms. Exceptional organization, planning, and teamwork skills are essential. Outgoing, enthusiastic, engaging personality a plus. Basic Photoshop skills preferred (but not required). All undergraduate and graduate student applicants will be considered and the Freedoms are happy to work with respective colleges and universities to offer course credit and supervision.
There are several projects where a resourceful contributor will have opportunities to make a significant impact. Examples include, but are not limited to:
1. Posting dynamic content to Freedoms website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat to increase views, likes, followers, etc. and generally convert social media messaging to sales.
2. Work collaboratively with marketing team to research & design social media, email, and online advertising campaigns to help the Freedoms achieve specific organizational goals.
3. Carrying out the day-to-day implementation of the social media campaign – including design and management – in consultation with social media consultant.
4. Live social media coverage of all 2017 Freedoms promotional events and matches (remotely for away matches).
5. Basic graphic design/photo editing as applies to social media/website posts and content.
Blue Bell, PA (office, March – July) | Hagan Arena, Saint Joseph’s University (in-season)
Applicants must be available from May 22 through August 11, 2017. Interns typically work Monday-Friday during business hours; the number of hours may vary depending on terms of agreement for course credit (if applicable). Applicants interested in starting earlier should note this in their cover letter. Interns are expected to be available for all promotional events, including limited evening and weekend events. Applicants must be located in the Greater Philadelphia region through the course of the internship. Housing and transportation are not provided; this is an unpaid internship.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two professional references (or relevant academic equivalent) to Jon Blitzer at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Freedoms Social Media Internship”) no later than April 14, 2017.