Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing business performance analysis and reporting as an independent contributor for the Comcast Procurement Operations team. Responsible for providing a variety of financial and operational reports as well as maintaining and updating data models and plans. Also responsible for reporting financial analysis to senior management in support of functional business objectives and will need to work with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Works cross-functionally to collect data and make actionable recommendations. In addition, needs to infer trends from a variety of data sources and confidently deliver their interpretation and conclusion for decision making purposes. Has experience, knowledge and skills in business analysis. Presents data and analysis clearly and articulately to all levels in the organization.
- Gathers and analyzes data thoroughly to identify problems of varying complexities and provide solutions
- Determines relevancy of data and identifies alternative solutions as needed to ensure analytics requested by business owners can be completed
- Collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders throughout the organization to turn data into actionable insights using self-service analytics and reporting tools
- Performs basic research on root cause of data anomalies that are uncovered through normal course of analysis
- Demonstrates forward thinking and plans ahead for potential roadblocks; comprehends bigger picture of the business
- Routinely recommends course of action and/or solution
- Provides an exceptional customer service to our internal business stakeholders
- Produces a variety of reports, graphs, summaries and presentations that convey analytic results and align with business needs
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction of an immediate supervisor or manager
- Conducts various statistical and financial reports, as assigned. Gathers analysis and creates reports.
- Assists in budgeting, forecasting, variance analyses and related reports, as assigned.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Maintains statistical/financial databases.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to articulate the “so what” to leadership
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with pivot tables
- Previous Comcast experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, Domo, Oracle Business Intelligence or with SQL would be a plus
- Experience with Accounts Payables, Procurement, Business Operations or Accounting Departments would be a plus
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study: Finance
Years’ Experience: Generally requires 2-5 years’ related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer