ROAR for Good is developing smart safety jewelry with a big mission – protect women with the touch of a button. When activated, the device emits a loud alarm & messages loved ones with your location.
As a social-mission certified B-corp, we don’t want to just put a bandaid on the problem. In addition to the jewelry, we are committed to getting to the root causes of violence against women. For each device sold, a portion of proceeds is invested in educational programs that are teaching young boys and young girls about empathy and healthy relationships. Programs like these have been shown to reduce violence in adulthood.
ROAR recently finished a successful crowdfunding campaign that’s been dubbed one of the most successful in Philadelphia history. In addition, we’ve garnered the attention of over two dozen media outlets, over 70 major publications including the New York Times, Mashable, Bustle, and MTV News. We were recently featured on The Doctors, a nationwide daytime talk show and we’ve attracted investment from major institutions like DreamIt and Ben Franklin Technology Partners.
Under this role, you’ll be working under our Industrial Designer to execute on marketing promotions and campaigns.
● You are passionate about making a difference in the world.
● You take pride in doing excellent work.
● You are knowledgeable in the use of typography and appropriate use of brand colors, images and fonts, giving legibility and functionality.
● You possess expertise with graphics software tools, including Adobe Photoshop, & Illustrator (Bonus: Sketch)
● You have excellent writing, communications, interpersonal and teaming skills.
● You have the ability to project manage multiple assignments, and facilitate meetings.
● Photography and videography skills a plus.
● Ability to dedicate at least 12 hours per week.