Our mission starts with you
At Vanguard, we are committed to doing what’s best for our investors. That means building client value from the inside out. In our College to Corporate Internship Program for Corporate Finance & Accounting, you’ll collaborate alongside a team of premier finance professionals at Vanguard to help strengthen our company’s future. Take a deep dive into an internship role within finance & accounting at a company that’s changing the way people invest-and make it count.
In this internship program, you will
• Immerse yourself in an internship assignment in a key corporate finance & accounting function at one of the world’s leading investment management companies such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Accounting, Fund Financial Services, or Finance Strategic Services
• Lead an assignment within the Finance function that will enhance your knowledge of one or more of the following: fiscal planning, financial modeling, financial performance reporting, risk management, mutual fund accounting and operations, or supporting a Finance shared services team such as Finance technology or corporate real-estate management
• Meet regularly with your department manager, internship program manager and others to receive personalized coaching and mentorship
• Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of dedicated professionals working to do what’s right for the investor
• Deliver strategic insights and uncover new opportunities that directly affect our business and, by extension, our clients
Make decisions with impact
Your strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and conceptual creativity will help further your financial expertise as you prepare for your career in this field. At Vanguard, our corporate finance and accounting functions are the key to our success. We invest internally to bring care and exceptional experiences to our clients. You’ll gain a broad view of our business structure, gaining invaluable experience in an organization the serves over twenty million clients worldwide.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position, including one of the Vanguard rotational programs. These opportunities are designed to provide a broad work-training experience prior to launching into your specific role.
• At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization
• This program is a full-time, paid summer internship
• The start date for this program will be May/June 2020
• Acceptance into the program is contingent upon a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
What it takes
• Passion for Finance or Accounting as enabling internal functions in an organization
• Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
• All majors are considered, majors in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, data analytics, or statistics preferred
• Ability to work well independently and as a part of a high-performing team
• Professional presence and demeanor working with colleagues and management
• Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly and to take initiative
• Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
• Results oriented with the ability to lead several priorities