Rock to the Future’s GuitarStars and Rock*A*Delphia summer camps are fast approaching! Summer Camp Interns support our free music summer camps by: helping to increase community awareness of the camps, assisting staff and teaching artists, and supporting daily tasks and operations at our program sites. The position requires approximately 10 hours per week, including:
Before the summer camps:
- Community outreach in the communities where we work, including: flyering, identifying neighborhood resources and potential partners(community centers, schools, other organizations), and assisting with tabling at local community events
- Assisting teaching staff with lesson plans for the week of camp
- Catalog our inventory of technology and music equipment at our Fishtown office.
During the summer camps (August 10 - August 21):
- Helping camp staff to organize their space during the camp day
- Assisting teaching staff with student mentoring if needed. Depending on the skills and interest of the intern, you may be able to assist students in one-on-one lessons for guitar, bass guitar, keyboard/piano, drums, or voice.
As this position will assist in both summer camps, reliable transportation is necessary. This position reports to the Chief Music Officer leading up to the weeks of camp, and with the site directors at camp.
All interns, volunteers, and staff must have their completed FBI background check and child abuse clearance before working with students.