2019 Program Purpose:
• Help departments accomplish a defined project or task, giving hands on experience!
• Give interns tangible results at program conclusion
• Create a valuable and memorable internship experience
• Immerse interns in the “The Five Below Way” culture
Timeline and Wage
• 10 weeks (full time: M-F 9-5)
• June 3rd-August 9th, 2019
• Intern wage- $13 per hour
The objective for the intern is to develop a clear understanding of the product life cycle from the planning/allocation perspective, along with the life cycle of opening a new store from a product/allocation standpoint. The rotation through the different teams will help give the intern the necessary exposure to develop this understanding.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include: learning the allocation system and functionality, understanding reporting tools and their applications to the business, and gathering and analyzing region-specific data in relation to seasonal sales trends. Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business needs and develop better business practices. Learning the process of allocations for new stores from start to finish.
• Commutable to WoWToWN
• Willing to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
• Ability to multi-task
• Communicate effectively across all functions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Must be able to work on a full-time basis for 10 weeks from June 2018 through to August 2019
• Targeted Class Level: Sophomore or Junior
• GPA Requirement: 3.0 or higher preferred