The primary function of the Accounting Associate is to support the Accounting department in its operations in a variety of ways. This will include the preparation and analysis of various financial reports, playing an active role in the department’s budget, earnings forecast and audit processes and assisting with the continued development of the department’s accounting and financial reporting system.
Budgeting and audit. Share in responsibility for the monthly general ledger close, including related analysis and maintenance of certain general ledger accounts, as assigned. Serve a key role in the preparation and dissemination of various corporate financial reports/statements, as assigned. Play an integral part in the annual budget and periodic earnings forecasting processes. Process and monitor the collection of certain fees; assist with corporate cash monitoring, certain reconciliation processes and accounting for related transactions.
Collaboration. Participate as a team member in the year-end corporate audit and production of annual audited financial statements. Working with the Human Resources Department, participate in the management of the monthly process for accounting for payroll and certain benefits expenses.
Reporting and controls. Maintain, evaluate and recommend improvements to current internal controls and procedures for relevant functions. Assist with responsibility for maintenance, upgrade and related testing of accounting/reporting systems.
Firm Building. Active engagement in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives in order to expand capabilities, create solutions to unmet business needs, improve user experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team, office and business capabilities. Other duties as required by the position.
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history (including pregnancy) or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
1. Bachelor’s degree required. Accounting major strongly preferred.
2. CPA candidate preferred.
3. Relevant internship or experience in financial services industry preferred.
4. Excellent technology skills, especially with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, etc.), preferred. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications also required. Experience with other financial reporting applications preferred.
5. Oracle accounting systems experience a plus.
6. Ability to use analytical skills to communicate as well as to work efficiently is required.
7. Must be a self-starter, innovative, creative and have good problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, required.
9. Must be detail oriented and have a strong work ethic.
10. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment in an open office setting is required.
11. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines is required; occasional overtime work will be required during certain times of the year.
12. Ability to deal discreetly with confidential information is required.