Campus Philly seeks a creative, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial program manager to support our audience engagement work – via our digital communications, in-person presentations and events. This position will be responsible for operating Campus Philly’s deals and discounts program - including arts and culture institutions, restaurants and events - contributing to our web and social media content, as well as creating and executing successful College Nights at Philadelphia cultural institutions and entertainment venues.
The program manager leads all aspects of the program identified above, with administrative and marketing support from Campus Philly’s communications and engagement team, as well as student interns. Responsibilities include:
• Maintaining and building relationships with arts partners to ensure students have opportunities to access the region’s most unique cultural events through Campus Philly’s website; monitoring the website and calendar to ensure all information is accurate and partners are contributing content on a regular basis
• Identifying and cultivating great College Night experiences, learning about partners’ interest in the college student audience and providing expertise to help meet their goals.
• Maintaining and building relationships with key on-campus staff – in schools’ residence life and student activities offices, as well as among faculty – to grow awareness of Campus Philly’s events and program, and encourage schools to leverage Campus Philly’s engagement team for their students.
• Marketing and communications, produced in collaboration with interns and other members of Campus Philly’s communications and engagement team, to grow student engagement and increase program participation
• Ensuring the smooth functioning of Campus Philly’s arts and culture + deals and discount website pages; coordination with internal design and communications Recruiting and managing interns to support programming and communications
• Collaboration with Campus Philly program managers to connect across constituencies and ensure that arts, culture, and deals & discounts partners can take advantage of other Campus Philly opportunities including intern recruiting, My Philly Summer, CollegeFest and Create Philly events, marketing and advertising.
• Data tracking and analysis to manage and improve the program including identifying key user characteristics, and successful and unsuccessful marketing strategies.
• Participating in on-campus events and presentations to students to promote Campus Philly’s programs to students throughout the year
• Contributing content on an ongoing basis to social media, blog, and email newsletter sharing new deals and discounts, exciting arts and culture events, interviews with students, and more.
• Affinity for the arts, entertainment and other city exploration experiences this role will be promoting to students
• Marketing, communications, and writing skills, from the strategic definition of campaigns to execution via social media, email, in-person communications
• Strong presentation skills with an ability to connect with and engage student audiences both as a group and one-on-one
• Strong program management skills, attention to detail, ability to track and keep projects on schedule, juggle multiple partner-relationships, collaborate with colleagues, and supervise interns
• Event planning expertise to structure College Nights in collaboration with partners, cultural organizations’ participation in CollegeFest and other Campus Philly events
• Ability to work independently, to take responsibility for a project, be creative finding solutions as needed, and “own” project execution.
• Good networker and relationship manager with strong interpersonal skills; team player, with a can-do attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed to help colleagues.
• Excited about living and working in Philadelphia, exploring opportunities and able to convey that to others
• Honest, with a strong sense of integrity, pride and fun
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, database management, online publishing tools
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Photo and video skills preferred
We seek employees who can add creatively to the team. If you have a talent, skill or passion you’re dedicated to outside of work, let us know about that too.
Salary, Benefits, Application Date:
Position to start in July 2019. Entry-level salary, plus a generous set of benefits including health care, vision, dental, 15 paid time off days, and 401K contribution. Campus Philly’s offices are closed between the week of Christmas and New Years. Applications due by April 30, 2019 and sent to Marissa Christie at email@example.com. No calls please.
Campus Philly is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Campus Philly to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors.