Communications and Development Interns support Rock to the Future’s free music programs by updating our events calendar and social media pages, helping to organize photos and video, and mailing thank you letters to donors. The ideal candidate has experience with G Suite, social media platforms, and working with photos and videos. The position will require approximately 10 hours per week, including:
- Organizing media, including posting student videos on Youtube, uploading student photos and videos onto Smugmug, and occasional light editing of student photos and videos
- Signing and mailing thank you letters and cards for donors
- Updating our events calendar and posting events to community web calendars.
- Updating the press list with current newspapers, magazines, music blogs, and journalists to reach out to with press releases and promotion opportunities
- Sending press releases and media alerts (which may include calling press partners and media outlets)
- Researching potential grant opportunities and corporate partnerships
This position includes work at Rock to the Future’s office in Fishtown, as well as work that can be done remotely with virtual check-ins. This position reports to the Engagement and Communications Coordinator.