Events Coordinator, June-September 2020
ORGANIZATION AND PROGRAM BACKGROUND:
Campus Philly is a nonprofit organization that fuels economic growth by encouraging college students to study, explore, live, and work in the Greater Philadelphia Tri-state region. Campus Philly works with more than 30 colleges and universities across the region to help students connect to regional communities as well as job and internship opportunities.
During Campus Philly’s Meet Philly Tour program, the Campus Philly student engagement staff and street team members visit our partner school campuses to meet directly with students and introduce Campus Philly – our programs, events, and resources - while tabling at involvement fairs, welcome week and freshman orientation events. On campus tabling and presentations begin in June and continue through early September.
This is a seasonal position ideal for a recent graduate, starting in June and continuing through mid-September.
The Events Coordinator serves as the project manager for Campus Philly’s “Meet Philly Tour,” organizing the schedule of on-campus visits; and overseeing, managing, and coordinating schedules for a Street Team of approximately 15 college students and recent graduates visiting colleges and universities for orientation and welcome weeks. The Events Coordinator ensures that: all on-campus events are covered by Campus Philly staff or street team members; Campus Philly supplies are at each location for tabling; and supports Campus Philly’s Events Manager in tracking college visits, street team hours, and student engagement.
In addition to supervising the Street Team, during particularly busy time periods, the Events Coordinator will also be responsible for giving presentations to students on campus and tabling, as needed.
The main responsibilities for the role include:
- Learn and deliver Philly 101 presentations
- Attend the Street Team orientation and training, and, as needed, subsequent team meetings
- Receive and record event requests from campus partners, including follow-up to confirm all necessary information
- Manage Street Team members, in collaboration with Events Manager, to ensure all on-campus dates are staffed, assignments documented, and members paid; receive and organize gas, parking, toll, and other expenses with the Campus Philly Operations Manager
- Keep stock of supplies and ensure proper distribution of materials for on-campus events and the return of materials to the Campus Philly office
- Monitor Street Team members’ performance and timeliness; receive and organize event reviews
- Adapt to changes in needs and scheduling to help with unexpected challenges
- Provide regular updates and consult with Campus Philly Events Manager
- Ability to work full days on weekends
This position is ideal for someone interested in hospitality or higher education – particularly event coordination and program planning. A large portion of this position is maintaining and building relationships with our college partner staff, students, and Meet Philly Tour Street Team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, adaptable, a confident communicator (written and verbal), a self-starter, and has a car.
BENEFITS OF THE POSITION:
Meet students from across the Greater Philadelphia region!
Sharpen communication skills
Build contacts with staff at Campus Philly’s 30+ partner colleges and universities
Gain experience for future employment and leadership positions – coordinating and scheduling teams across multiple events.
Approximately 20 hours per week in June, July and the first two weeks of August. Up to full time (40 hours per week) the last two weeks of August and first two weeks of September.
Email Ayannah McIlwain (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter expressing why coordinating Campus Philly’s Meet Philly Tour is a great fit for you by May 1st.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, adaptable, a confident communicator (written and verbal), a self starter, and has a driver's license and car.