Internship with the Community and Economic Development (CED) Department of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC). This department builds bridges between low- and moderate-income people and mainstream financial institutions for purposes of community development and individual economic empowerment. Programs include: financial education, foreclosure prevention, employer-assisted housing, promotion of cooperatives and special loan programs for home improvement and small business development.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS: These will include, but not be limited to:
• following reports and research on Community Reinvestment Act
• managing city-wide Employer-Assisted Housing program
• assistance with coordinating financial education workshops
• research on social health and trauma-informed financial education models
• developing reports on mortgage disparity in Philadelphia
• create marketing and outreach materials
• conduct presentations and programs in community-based organizations
• create program to expand foreclosure education
• develop and retain new community partnerships.
Intern must have people, communication, organizational and analytical skills. Knowledge about economic development and/or personal financial management, including household budgeting, use of checking accounts, savings strategies and credit management, would be helpful although not required. These skills and knowledge may be further developed on the job. Intern must be able to work with Microsoft Office Suite software programs.