The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA) is seeking a full-time Assistant to the Dean of the School of Fine Arts. Reporting to the Dean of the school, this position helps coordinate all school administrative affairs. The Assistant to the Dean collaborates with school departmental staff and plays a key role in communicating with staff from all departments, as well as faculty and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acts as the primary point of contact and representative for the Dean's Office. Answers phone, greets visitors, manages correspondence, and coordinates meetings and events as needed.
• Coordinates activities between the Dean's office and all PAFA departments.
• In consultation with the heads of the various academic departments, coordinates with departmental assistants, including the Undergraduate Academic Services Coordinator, the Sculpture Department Manager, the Printmaking Department Manager, and the Director of Graduate Program Services.
• Creates purchase orders and manages School budgets, including management of departmental budgets.
• Provides oversight for school portions of the website.
• Manages faculty contracts and employment records, including faculty files.
• Manages all faculty applications for promotion and appointment.
• Coordinates letters and documents pertaining to the activities of the Faculty Committee.
• Organizes and keeps records of School Committee, Chairs Committee and Alumni Council meetings.
• Coordinates materials, gathers supporting data and prepares reports and studies for various governmental and accrediting agencies, including Heads Data Summaries, NASAD, AICAD and State Department of Education reporting.
• Creates signature-ready documents, such as official letters to government and accreditation agencies.
• Maintains appointment calendars for the Dean.
• Maintains all pertinent records and files for the Dean.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for conferences, meetings, etc. for the Dean.
• Bachelor's degree. Minimum three years of experience in a similar type of role; experience in higher education administration highly
• Proven experience with managing budgets and faculty contracts.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a customer-service orientation.
• Must have high level of initiative, with ability to anticipate needs and identify solutions.
• Ability to use sound judgment on making independent decisions.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized, and have ability to handle multiple priorities.