The American Medical Association (AMA), the nation’s largest professional Association of physicians, has a dynamic opportunity for the right individual. As part of the AMA’s Scientific Publications team, the Manager, Social Communications & Digital Channel Strategy will develop and execute strategy for use of social media platforms to realize objectives for JAMA Network content and product marketing campaigns; Evolve and grow the social communications and digital strategy team; Work with cross-functional teams to develop innovative, cutting-edge tactics as part of editorial distribution and marketing and communications plans on existing and new platforms.
• Develop and execute the strategy for use of social media platforms through tactics such as competitive research and audience identification to enhance stakeholder engagement, increase site traffic and views/downloads, and realize objectives for content and product marketing campaigns. Work with cross-functional teams to develop innovative, cutting-edge tactics as part of editorial distribution and marketing and communications plans on existing and new social media, audio, and video platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, ect.). Stay up-to-date on new and emerging content platforms.
• Manage staff and work with editorial systems and physician editors across 12 journals to plan and distribute content for publication through social media channels, and recommend efficiencies in processes, systems, and workflow.
• Manage staff and work with cross-functional teams to define measures of success through KPI’s and monitor them for each social media initiative.
• Manage staff and work with cross-functional teams to monitor social media channels for feedback and reactions to distributed content and triage that require feeding back to physician editors, and for discussion of trending topics that may be aligned with an opportunity to promote old and new JAMA Network content.
• Hire and manage staff, which includes goal setting, performance appraisals and staff development.
• Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in communications, marketing, business or related discipline.
• At least 5-7 years’ experience with progressive social media platforms desirable.
• In-depth understanding of social media platforms, including blogging platforms and social media monitoring tools.
• Experience with moderated social platforms (Reddit, LinkedIn, Wikipedia, other) and multimedia platforms (YouTube, Spotify, other).
• Demonstrated ability to work with executive management and staff to achieve content and product marketing and communications goals.
• Exceptional analytic and problem-solving capability.
• Experience with using Web analytics and other tools to demonstrate results against goals.
• Proven success in managing and prioritizing multiple complex tasks.
• Excellent teamwork skills. Able to manage staff and work collaboratively with management and internal experts to build relationships and achieve consensus with sense of humor and grace under pressure.
• Proven ability as a staff mentor and experience at developing skills in employees.
• Experience in content and product marketing development and execution across all media including email and the Internet.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas concisely and influence stakeholders.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=500&source=CPC. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION