The Events Coordinator ensures the Science Center’s event-space and Quorum programming is
well scheduled, planned and executed. This position is engaged in marketing and event
planning/management activities that are intended to enhance Quoroum’s image as the go-to
meeting and event location in Greater Philadelphia. Reporting to the Quorum Program Manager,
the Events Coordinator researches and works with potential clients, creates promotional
materials in conjunction with the marketing department, and prepares and presents bids for
meetings and conferences to potential clients. Tasks include: scheduling a variety of internal and
external events; drafting contracts for Quorum clients; coordinating details of recurring and
special events; acting as the point of contact with external clients; and coordinating on-site
execution of internal programs in the Quorum space.
The Events Coordinator must be able to work early morning and evening events on an as needed
basis, and be able to operate under minimal supervision.
The Events Coordinator is a key member of the Marketing/Communications and Community
Engagement team and as such has internal contacts with the Marketing Team, the entire
administrative staff and external contact with event planners, Quorum clients and Innovation
Plaza clients and partners, as well as funders and potential funders, business partners, and the
community. This position has access to sensitive UCSC, and some start-up company information
and is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism. This position has
regular contact with industry partners, local government officials, and members of the
community and is expected to represent UCSC in a professional manner.
• Under supervision of Quorum Program Manager, coordinates Science Center events and
programs at Quorum and Innovation Plaza
• Manages event logistics including: room set up, catering, and scheduling of security and
• Manages and composes Quorum monthly events calendar
• Manages Quorum social media accounts
• Works with the Marketing team to update Quorum and Innovation Plaza website pages
and manages online event registration and listings
• Works with the Quorum Program Manager to schedule a variety of internal and external
events, write up contracts for Quorum clients, coordinate details of recurring and special
Events Coordinator Page 2 of 3
events, act as the point of contact with external clients, and assist with on-site
coordination and execution of internal programs in the Quorum space
• Works with the Marketing team to market Quorum events and programs using Science
Center website, regional events calendar, e-mail marketing, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other
social networking sites
• Works closely with Property Management staff as well as IT team to ensure successfully
• Assists Quorum Program Manager with other internal and external Science Center events
• Ensures event space is clean and tidy, including meeting rooms, kitchen, reception area,
common spaces, and desks.
• Assists the Quorum Program Manager, on various other projects on an as-need basis.
• Regularly interacts with all departments within the Science Center including Accounting,
Development and Science & Technology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment when working with both
external and internal clients and make decisions independently.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by compassionate, courteous,
cordial, cooperative, and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers,
external business partners and clients, and the community.
• Ability to manage multiple facets of program / event coordination and implementation
with strong attention to detail in an often high-energy and time-sensitive environment.
• Solid understanding and ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Office,
Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, and other related software applications
• Ability to follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
• Knowledge and understanding of marketing, public relations, social media and
• Demonstrates ability to work with other people through a cooperative effort.
• Adheres to all UCSC and departmental policies and procedures.
• Attends all UCSC in-services as required.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years of experience in program development, event management,
marketing, communications, client relations, or community engagement, preferably for a nonprofit
organization. Direct experience with assisting with the planning of special events is highly
Minimum Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred