Put your technical mind to work
Do you want to work on new technologies? Are you ready to put your classroom experience into action? Vanguard’s College to Corporate Internship Program is an immersive, hands-on experience at one of the world’s leading investment firms. Extensive training, real-world experience, hands-on opportunities and mentorship from professionals will all aid in broadening your technical expertise in Application Development. You’ll receive exposure to a variety of aspects of the software life cycle and positively impact our clients through challenging assignments like LEAN development, UI Design, and cloud computing. Make it count.
In this program you will
• Create high-impact solutions that allow crew to perform at their best and do what’s right for investors
• Gain hands-on experience in Agile software development and practice LEAN methodology in a dynamic environment with crew from around the business
• Share your insights and make your voice heard in a collaborative and supportive environment
• Receive an opportunity to build a network with program managers, alumni, senior leaders and other interns
• Participate in developmental activities such as one-on-one feedback sessions, Tips for Success, and Industry Discussions
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunity
Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer. Vanguard is committed to providing all crew members a working environment that is free from discrimination, prejudice and bias. Through this Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy, Vanguard reaffirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and crew members without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status. In addition, Vanguard prohibits discrimination based on genetic information, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Vanguard. Please inform firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
What it takes
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree with a concentration in computer science, computer engineering, IST, IT, CIS, Security Risk Analysis or related technical/engineering discipline required
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
• Proven leadership skills
• Effective analytical, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment